IGNORED

Radio trouble

Guest snowman

Guest snowman

Ok, I replaced the battery a few weeks ago and started the bike. The starter stuck on! I had a couple of fuses that blew as a result of that. My low beam and tail light bulbs blew as well. I tore everything apart, replaced fuses and light bulbs and all is well, but.... I get no sound from my radio. I have unplugged all the large connectors and plugged them back in, nothing. At first the controller light up, but now that doesn't even light up. Is there a fuse somewhere specifically for the radio that any of you are aware of? If not I'm afraid maybe the radio brain blew with the power surge. :bang head: If you all have any ideas for me that would be greatly appreciated. I haven't been able to find one either for a descent price, so I'm hoping I don't have to replace this one. I also hate to put the bike back together just to tear it apart to replace the radio.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Brent

Guest snowman

I think I found the problem. I pulled the radio controller out of the fairing and then opened it up. OOOOHHHH man! You could smell burnt electrical smell like crazy. So, I'm assuming that the controller is shot. Does anyone out there have one they want to sell? Please let me know if you would be so kind. I think I'm going to have to put it back together as it is and then put a different one in when I get one. If anyone can help please let me know.

Thanks so much,

Snowman

What year did your bike come into service. I know its probably too late, but check it anyway...there could be warranty left. That item is a warranty fix. Remember 5 years from when it came into service not manufacture date.