IGNORED

Plastex

philmartin

Just noticed over the weekend that there are hairline cracks around where the luggage rack attaches to the trunk radiating out from the screw holes. I plan on using Plastex to fix it.

Anyone have hints on whether I should use a backing? Do I need to fill the holes?

Can I please benifit from experienced users.

Iowa Guy

Just noticed over the weekend that there are hairline cracks around where the luggage rack attaches to the trunk radiating out from the screw holes. I plan on using Plastex to fix it.

Anyone have hints on whether I should use a backing? Do I need to fill the holes?

Can I please benifit from experienced users.

Iowa Guy

:080402gudl_prv: :080402gudl_prv: :080402gudl_prv:

Dittto w/ pictures please ! wtho

The cracks I have been fixing go all the way through, they are not just surface cracks. I'm using a dremel to create a valley on the backside of the crack about half of the thickness deep. You have to make sure the valley is in the center of the crack. Fill the crack with the powder and wet it with the solvent and it welds together. I havn't used the mesh yet, everything is solid sofar without it.

Guest ReinyRooster

I'm using it for the first time also and doing exactly like philmartin described. I'm impressed with it so far.

The cracks I have been fixing go all the way through, they are not just surface cracks. I'm using a dremel to create a valley on the backside of the crack about half of the thickness deep. You have to make sure the valley is in the center of the crack. Fill the crack with the powder and wet it with the solvent and it welds together. I havn't used the mesh yet, everything is solid sofar without it.

Mannnnn....if I do it that way I have to take the trunk off so that I can turn it upside down so the powder doesn't run out.

whine!, whine!, whine!

Iowa Guy

Just remove the lid.

Thanks Phil. Now I'm motivated. I'll getter done this week end.

BTW. Very nice pics of your 2001. Love that color. Someday, If I want to stretch my legs out more, I'll look for one just like it.

Iowa Guy