IGNORED

Motorized Antenna

Russ

I'm thinking about looking into installing a motorized AM/FM antenna on my venture and I was wondering if there was anyone here that might have looked into it themselves. I'm thinking about finding a spot in the fairing, but I'm wondering if that would be too distracting while riding. I could mount it in one of the saddlebags, but I was thinking it would be in the way of the passenger and I'd have to get a quick disconnect of some sort so I could open the saddlebag... and then thinking about in the trunk, but it would decrease my storage there... the one specifically that I'm looking at is this one which doesn't have the motor mounted directly on the antenna and would probably allow for more compact mounting.

So, any thoughts?

Russ,

Sounds like a neat idea in my opinion, but hey, who cares what I think ..lol

Do you by chance have any idea on how long the antenna would be when it in it's "collapsed" position????????

I guess it would collapse into the base itself...and if so, you would still would need to know how long the base is to see if it would fit in the side bag.:think:

Also, how long would it be in it's "extended" position??

As for placeing it in the fairing...I guess you could, but not sure about how that would look or if it would be a visual obstruction or distraction, flopping around in the wind???

I would be interested as to what the "diameter" is to see if it would fit inside a chrome piece of tubing (like the water inlet tube of a toilet..or simular..) ...You could install the chrome tube right where the antenna mount is now on your bike, then mount the motorized one inside the chrome tube......just thinking out loud here...Ill get back in my box now...

Eck

I'm thinking about looking into installing a motorized AM/FM antenna on my venture

the one specifically that I'm looking at is this one

any thoughts?

I just wonder is you will get antenna whistleling in the front at certain speeds or if mounted in the saddle bag lids , witlh the constant opening and closing the lids break down the antenna cable after a periond of time .

But who know , they may make a nice set of retractable curb feelers if you mount one on each front side . They will help save the floorboards/peg scrapes as an early detection device :whistling:

Gene