IGNORED

09 Royal Star Venture

Guest MrBill

Maybe, just maybe, Yammie will have a new bike as an anniversary addition in '09 w/new engine, iPod/MP3 compartment where the cassette deck is. Full LCD dash that lights up blue in color, FI, better plastic composites, ABS, and a 10 year warranty. ;-)

:confused24::rotf:

People have been going out on that limb (saying style will change back to compete with the Wing) for many years.. It ain't gonna happen!

The Wing and BMW LT have that market sewn up. Yamaha found a niche, people that want a classic looking bike akin to a Harley, but with more power, more comfort, WATER COOLED, and cheaper. Why would they throw that niche away.

I say 2010,, Venture will look almost the same as it does now, with a detuned V-max FI engine, and a 6 disc CD player in the fairing. If they make any more changes than that, I'd bet you could still count them all on one hand.

I have to disagree classic look motorcycles were fueled by baby boomers looking for nostalgia. Most of the boomers that were going to buy a classic look probably have one by now and they ain't getting any younger. Your not going to see those big sales numbers return for the classic look. In coming years here used Harleys will be a dime a dozen. If Harley (what I mean is classic look) doesnt change they will be back where they were in the 80's almost dead leads to the Birth of the Goldwing/ Voyager/ Venture.

I think your gonna see a change in motorcycle tastes with a decline in classic look sales its just time for the sun to set on that market. They had a good run but that market will be smaller in the near future. RSV sales are down I think you will see a GW type as the next bike to shake up the market.