IGNORED

Everything good until the last shim

Surfrider

I know the a number of you folks have said this is a winter project but I had hoped to get away with my wife this summer on the scoot.  I was concerned about the valves so the thought I would delve into this project with all I've learned from reading on this site.  

67k  on the Midnight 

I have all the adjusted shims in there rightful place except the last.  The only one I really needed to replace.  Cylinder 4 outer intake (.003).    The inner intake shim, next to it, went in easy.

I think the tool might have be a little off center.  I cannot get this new shim back in (24.97 mm O.D. on my mic same as the one I removed)

Has anyone dealt with this?  I don't think I want to move cams without a shim in place.  I tried a 'really light' tap on the tool to scoot it over, but I sure don't want bigger problems.  My back up scoot to get me through this down time fix is down now too. 

Thanks to all 

IMG_20220721_210232987_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220721_210139861_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220720_220157806_HDR.jpg

I just had enough and gave it a little more of a tap.  What I found was the edge of the tool was out just enough to keep the shim from going in.  Once I popped the shim tool over,  the shim sat right in place.  

Thank you, djh3, for your quick response. 

• Like 4