IGNORED

RSTD Sirius radio handlebar holder

I've looked through so many threads on here that now I'm confused. So I'll just ask a direct question in hopes of getting a link. I want to buy the Sirius SV3-TK1 Stratus receiver for my 05 RSTD. What I'm looking for is a handlebar mount for that particular receiver that also will hold the antenae. Like the XM roadie has. Any help will be appreciated. Also want to let folks know with Sirius you can buy a years subscription, get an extra month free and can put your service on hold for up to 5 months without being charged a reconnection fee. So during the winter months those of us who are fair weather riders won't be charged for service were not using. Mike

:draming:

Tartan Terror, thanks for link. Called them and orders placed. Looked around before hand at different units and decided I'd buy the Streamer GT. It has the FM receiver built in so I don't need to purchase and install an actual radio with my amplifier and speakers I have already. Also ordered the brake reservoir mount for unit and antenae, and cover. Total was 140.00 with shipping. Thanks again. Mike:dancefool: :thumbsup:

"Where do you plug in for the battery? I have a sirius radio and want to hook it up to my ipod that has fm receiver with headphones.

Any info would be appreciated."

I'm hooking up to the brake light (aka running light) that comes on when I turn ignition on. It will also be the connection I utilize for the amplifier. This way it is only on once key is turned. I'm sure theres other places but I'm installing the unit on Monday. If I come up with a better place I'll send pics and tell you exactly what I did. Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sparky

I bought a generic holder for my starmate Sirius and mounted it on top of the front brake cylinder using one of the screws to fasten the top of the cylinder. It's a squeeze type holder but it works fine and didn't cost my first born to install. will send a pic...

Mike, I have been using Sirius for over a year now, before that I used Mp3's seems like for ever. I really like the Sirius radio. Here are some problems I had.

I use the Star mate ST2 because it runs off of 12 votes and I did not have to install a transformer to change the voltage.

I had to move the antenna from top of the bracket and place it inside the windshield center on top of the dash. (Thats over the speedometer) Before I moved the antenna It was losing the signal a lot. (a large improvement)

I end up mounting the Starmate ST2 forward of the gas cap. Their's no wires showing and also use the same unit in the house. Once again I had to install a antenna on top of the chimney for good reception.

I would post some pictures, but the bike is torn apart now, If you want me to I can post some in a few days.

Hope this helps.

Guest sparky

The pics show a generic holder for cell phone, 'L' bracket from Lowes, and the air horn. Hope U can get some use of these...:)