IGNORED

Anyone ever rode one of those new Can-Am Spyders?

Guest kozman01

Guest kozman01

Last weekend here in Columbus, OH, one of the local bike dealers had 2 of these Can-Am Spyders available for you to test ride. I case your not sure what these things are, they are 3-wheeled "bikes" with two in the front and one in the rear. Powered by a 990 cc Rotax engine, 6-speed, power steering. We were allowed to ride them for around 20 minutes and got up to around 80 mph. They cost around 15K and let me tell you, after riding that thing, I couldn't wipe the smile of my face and if I had 15K at that moment I would have bought one. It took me back to being young and one of those first times riding a motorcycle. I think I'll wait for some other companies to start building them and get the price down, but I will buy one. If your dealer has Can-Am around to test drive these things, DO IT!

spyder.brp.com

Guest Swifty

I watched the whole promo video at the local dealer, very detailed. I missed the test drive day because I had to work. Would be a great machine with a little more relaxed seating postion, or the option to do so. The traction control technology on it will make it much safer than other trikes.

RODE ONE LAST YEAR..VERY COOL..THE TRIKE WILL DISENGAGE THE ENGINE IF YOU TRY TO TAKE A CORNER TO FAST..THE MINUTE ONE OF THE FRONT WHEELS TRIES TO LIFT ,IT WILL DISENGAGE AND SET THE WHEEL BACK DOWN..ALSO WILL NOT LET YOU SPIN OUT ON GRAVEL..DOES THE SAME THING..IM A BIG GUY AND IT WAS A LITTLE CRAMPED WITH THE WAY THE PEGS ARE LOCATED..IF THEY MOVE THE SEAT BACK AND ADD RUNNING BOARDS ,ID BE INTERESTED..VERY COOL AND YOUR RIGHT IT MOVES OUT..HAD MINE DOING 80,WHEN MY COUSIN WHO IS 73 PASSED ME LIKE A ROCKET...AND YOU COULD GET AT LEAST 2 CASES OF BEER IN THE TRUNK..:rotf: