IGNORED

The New Vroom Vroom Crew

DIRTDIVA

I would like to formally introduce to you the Vroom Vroom Crew. This is a newly formed group operating out of Laporte, MN.

Coordinating this fine crew of professionals (cough...cough....BS....cough...cough) is Mr. Owl. Diligent and persistant this gentleman (cough...cough....BS....cough...cough) is, and a champion at multi-tasking. He can work on 2 bikes at one time while smoking a cig and drinking a Ginger Ale and bandaging a cut finger!

Secondly we have Mr. Gary. His hospitalty is immeasurable and candid humor is remarkable. Working side by side with Mr. Owl, these two are a dynamic duo in every sense of the phrase. They assess your problem and incoporate an intense system of research to find methods of correcting that problem.

When the challenges before them prove to be too tough, they call in reinforcements from their Canadian Team, Rick & Marilyn. Though a little OCD over clean hands before touching, they get down in the dirt and get down to business. Watching this team of experts (cough...cough....BS....cough...cough...) is truly a sight to behold.

Crow & I were inoccent (cough...cough....BS....cough...cough) bystanders in this menagerie of talent but I have to tell ya, if you want to spend the day sitting in front of your TV watching the big game or on the lake waiting for that great catch, go on, do that. But I have to tell you, watching this great team go through 4 pots of coffee, ponder an issue for hours at a time, render potshots that will leave you speechless or wet from laughing so hard. then add at the end of the day, well, okay, 11:00pm, hugs all around before saying good-bye, there's nothing better than that!

Thanks guys for trying to fix Ol' Girl. It wasn't meant to be but we had an awesome time trying!

By the way folks..........

Windshields, bolts, brakes, and whatever else they came up with..........are overated!

Love y'all,

Brandi

Brandi it sure is nice to see you again. Even tho it is in a pic, you look lovely.

Marilyn is stunning as well and wished we could of been there.

When I was out there I got to spend time with OWL, Juggler, Tigress and Don(FREEBIRD)

and wished you could of been there, Next time maybe.

As for OWL, Rick and Gary? WELLL U KNOW. I see the white in the hair and on there faces shine right through on those two. Them two sure are cute in a ugly sort of way.:big-grin-emoticon:

They are a hand full and mostly full of it.

I really like the pic of you all together and wished I could of been there for support.

As you know I can hold a floor down pretty well.

I know you had a GREAT time even if nothing was accomplished................Ron

i wish that you could have been there also ,ron.. we sure coud have used a pyro..( i gotta get the furnace fixed)..

it was a great time of fun and bulllll..... marilynn has not lost it yet , you shoulda been here to see her.. she was over , under , around and thru every aspect of that bike.. i'll bet that rick never needs to go to the shop, she's got it coverd.. rick has got the most amazing camper that i have ever seen.. i'll bet that they coud sleep in there all winter.. i thought that it was stormin out, but it was stormin inside apparently.. lol brandi seemed to be the sucker this time..( she actually seemed to think that we had a clue ) as we worked on her bike.. she will never be the same again.. and crow, (brandi's b.f.) he was fair game as well .. (great guy)..

we had a great time , but as usual, it was much to short.. cant wait till next time...

I was wondering the same thing!? We got back about an hour ago. No real issues at the border. The weather was not bad...at least it wasnt windy or raining!

Guys/gals.....we drove throught the most horrible wind yesterday...to the point where we actually pulled off the road in a town and took shelter on the leeward side of a building. The shop owners where scurring about trying to put the flowers inside for the 4 time that day. Thats how we spent the trip from Grand Rapids to Tower and back to Gary's. Start stop and let the next black cloud go by...run for a bit and do it again.

Next to a tornado or hurricane...I have never experianced something so bad. And me towing 400 pounds of camper and goodies!

Gas mileage sucks when its like that too!

Great visit with the small gang....and yes....Marilyn is amazing isnt she!

We did manage to talk the Owl into staying the night at Gary and Ann's...he was going to head out on his bike at 11pm for a 5 hour drive home.

Fortunetly (sp) common sense took over for him and we didnt have to resort to plan B....that would have been ugly.....vision...bike tie downs and duct tape!

It was great to meet Brandi and Crow for the first time...she is everything you want in a friend.

We did some figuring that if nothing else, Brandi is saving a ton of money on gas!

No....we forgot the darn camera sitting on the counter at home!!!

Here I am. Late as usual. Got home about 4pm Sunday. Great ride back. Aside from a couple of hiccup's the bike ran much better. It's amazing what a new fuel filter can do to performance. Averaged 40mpg going home (33 mpg on the way up). However, I suspect it was the Class 8 hurricane that I was heading into on the way up that had something to do with the poor mileage.

Great to see everyone again (OK, those that showed up) but it was a great day, if you can overlook the weather, and as usual too much fun and frivolity into the wee hours.

I do take exception to several comments posted here. You guys make it sound like we accomplished nothing with Brandi's bike. There were several great learning moments.

1. If you need a part up in the hinterlands, you better need it before 1 o'clock. The parts stores close at 1.

2. Dull knives cut just as quick as sharp ones... but not necessarilky what you are trying to cut.

3. Parts on Brandi's bike don't necessarily need to go back in the same spot that they came off of.

and the most important think...

4. If you don't want to get stuck with all the blame, you better show up. Cuz, it didn't take us but 8 hours to figure out it was all Juggler's fault that we couldn't figure out the problem with Brandi's bike. Juggler, where waz yah when we needed some professional help running tests on the wiring circuits? :stirthepot:

Oh, and one other thing.

Never ask Brandi how to connect a speedometer cable to the odometer.........

Ron, we sure missed you and Linda. Do you have any idea how heavy a V-star is when you are trying to lift it to put it up on blacks? :crying:

It was a fun day though...........