IGNORED

May Motorcycle Awareness Month!

Yama Mama

I may have missed a thread about this subject, but it is "Motorcyclist Awareness Month"! Has anyone participated in any events to promote motorcycling safety?

I believe we can all do our part about reminding cage drivers of the importance of looking out for our brother and sister riders. It really should be done all year long, but let's work on what we have in May.:big-grin-emoticon:

Peggy:7_2_104[1]:

Guest Ken8143

Didn't know anything about it until I saw it along the highway on those big message boards. Probably all of us, bikes, cars, trucks and any other kind of conveyance can be reminded to DRIVE SAFE.

Very good point Peggy...

I notice more and more bikes on the roads in the last couple weeks down here..

It's going to be a very conjested summer sharing the highways with the cagers..

Watch out for that other guy...:thumbsup2:

I must say I am a bit disappointed that no one is interested in discussing Motorcycle Awareness, especially since we have lost members in our group to accidents that would not have happened if people had been watching for motorcycles.

Just a comment. I think as a group we could do more to promote this need.

Peggy

While riding through Missouri over the weekend we saw huge blinking signs on the interstates reminding all drives to share the roads with motorcycles and to watch out for motorcycles. Signs like those should be left up all the time.

While riding down in the hill country a couple of weeks ago, we noticed some "share the road" decals that had been applied to foldable (ice warning, etc.) signs. I have started seeing them North of Dallas now as well.