IGNORED

Luggage Racks for '98 RSTC?

I apologize if this should have been under accessories but it seems to be a typical RSTD/RSTC question.

I have a 98 Royal Star Classic where the previous owner added a Silverado windshield, hard bags and a sissybar with pad.

I plan to do a lot of solo traveling, so I want to do the following:

1) replace the stock driver seat with my Corbin seat as a solo seat, remove the passenger seat and put a rack in place of that (I believe there was an OEM rack for the tour classic)

2) I want to keep the sissybar in place to attach a Riggpack to but would also like to add a luggage rack to the sissybar.

I know it sounds redundant, but the idea is to ride solo (I weigh 314 lbs), have the Riggpack hanging over where the passenger seat was (but sitiing on the rack that replaced it) and still a sissybar luggage rack available for light items.

Does anyone know where I can get (or have for sale), the solo rack and a luggage rack for a ten year old RSTC?

You guys are such a wealth of info and thank you for all the other things you have helped me with already.

Thanx

The rack that goes in place of the rear seat should still be available from Y. For the rear rack, I've read that the one for a Roadstar will fit with just a bit of tweaking - also still available new. Or keep your eyeballs in ebay. They'll turn up sooner or later.

Thanks Pegscraper!

I'll check Yamaha since I didn't find it in stock on the Star site.

That kind of tip helps since there is a luggage rack from a Roadstar in EBAY but it is for a 2005. Do know which years will fit with a little "tweaking"?

Thanks for your help