I didn't see any difference in gas mileage or hp either one when going back and forth from stock to Kromewerks mufflers, and I have the mileage records and dyno runs to prove it, as I kept such records when making a few other engine mods. If you don't keep cold hard records of what happens when you make a change, it's pretty easy to see the results you anticipate, or want to see, whether they're actually there or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I put a set on my 06 RSTD. When backing off the throttle i get popping. I have taken the tank off and check for exhaust and intake leaks but haven't found any. Any suggestions?

I have KW's on my RSV for about 1.5years. I have not noticed any reduction in MPG except the first month when I liked hearing the noise from them. I was a little heavy on the throttle:whistling:

There are a couple of things that can cause that. Some of the '06 models had a defect in the exhaust where there was a pinhole right at the "Y" where the front and rear pipes come together. This is usually indicated by a slight bluing at the area of the hole.

Carbs being out of sync can also cause it. In fact...that is probably the most common cause.

Many of us have plugged the AIS system to completely get rid of it. There is an article in the Second Gen tech library showing a very easy way to plug it.

I put a set on my 06 RSTD. When backing off the throttle i get popping. I have taken the tank off and check for exhaust and intake leaks but haven't found any. Any suggestions?

i had alittle popping once I had my carbs sync done No popping anymore. I also had popping with the stock pipes. I got mine done at Vogel last year. If you come to Maint. Day at freebirds someone can show you how.

Checked them out, i do have an exhaust leak on the rightside above the y joint on the pipe that comes from the rear cylinder. on the inside of the pipe .i will be contacting my dealer to see how he wants to handle it.

Thanks for the info. I have balanced the carbs and plugged off th AIS system. I will look at the y pipes this weekend.