IGNORED

Rain gear question.....

stvmaier

I wear the Nelson-Rigg rain gear style is Volante Black / Silver

Over lapping front with both zipper and velcro coat no leak design, hidden hood in padded collar if the conditions are really bad. Full zipper rear vent to keep you cool. Both velcro and elastic cuffs..

Pants have zippers up to knees on sides, great for quick entry over boots. Suspenders to keep them high on the waist. Heat resitant patches on inner thighs so they won't melt on pipes. Elastic stirups which hold the legs down where they belong.

And, ALOT of reflective tape so you can be seen !

To keep my boots dry, a pair of leg gaitors from Hopnel...

Drove 250 mile last September in moderate to hard rain and stayed dry....except for my face but a full face helmet would have corrected that.

I have never tried the Frogg Toggs but have seen alot of them on the road

Dave

Guest tx2sturgis

I have a set of 2 piece HD rain gear, and also a set of 2 piece froggtoggs...I like the 2 piece with the bib style pants.

Frogg Toggs work for me. They are light weight and don't take up much space in the saddle bag. I've been through some torential rains and remained dry. For the price I don't think you can beat them. I ride with some guys that swear by Nelson Rigg suits that have bib type pants. They seem to take up a more room in the bags.

DT

We have Frogg Toggs - Road Toads. I got caught in a monsoon in Ark last year. I was in the tent and my rain gear was in the saddle bags. Finallly waited as long as I could for the rain to let up, but to no avail. I was soaked by the time I got out to the bike and back into the tent. Changed my shirt but not my pants. After riding 150 miles in that rain, my shirt was still dry!