IGNORED

Finally found a source for Gen I MKII electrical connectors, need to gauge interest

M61A1MECH

For many years I have had requests from GEN I riders to make trailer harnesses and break out harnesses like I do for the GEN II Royal Star bikes.

I finally found a source for the 13 pin connectors used on the GEN I MKII 1990 to 1993 bikes, I do not have them yet, the supplier has to special order them and is negotiating price and delivery, they expect to have them available to me within 3 to 6 weeks. I have put 4 sets on advance order with them on the speculation there will be a renewed interest in my products.

If you are interested please reply to this thread or PM me so I can gauge interest and plan accordingly.

Thanks

M61A1MECH

Too make it more interesting, how about extra connectors coming off of it for LED lighting, such as additional tail, stop, and turns? I already have a 5 pin trailer connector and I am planning on running all the add on tail, stop and turn wiring to this same connection to minimize modifications to the factory wire. Some additional female spades or 5 pin connector for this would have been helpful.

Unfortunately, my harnass has already been tapped, so I will just go with it.

For many years I have had requests from GEN I riders to make trailer harnesses and break out harnesses like I do for the GEN II Royal Star bikes.

I finally found a source for the 13 pin connectors used on the GEN I MKII 1990 to 1993 bikes, I do not have them yet, the supplier has to special order them and is negotiating price and delivery, they expect to have them available to me within 3 to 6 weeks. I have put 4 sets on advance order with them on the speculation there will be a renewed interest in my products.

If you are interested please reply to this thread or PM me so I can gauge interest and plan accordingly.

Thanks

M61A1MECH

Too make it more interesting, how about extra connectors coming off of it for LED lighting, such as additional tail, stop, and turns? I already have a 5 pin trailer connector and I am planning on running all the add on tail, stop and turn wiring to this same connection to minimize modifications to the factory wire. Some additional female spades or 5 pin connector for this would have been helpful.

Unfortunately, my harnass has already been tapped, so I will just go with it.

I should have been a bit more clear in my original post, the basis for the trailer harness is a break out harness with 5 leads ( ground, brake, left turn, right turn and tail lights) those leads can be spliced to the trailer converter/ Isolator or used to add additional lighting.

My plan as with my 2nd Gen parts is to offer the break out harness as a separate item for those who want to do just what you described in adding more lights to the rear of the bike.

Also when I make the trailer harness I always include an extra set of tag wires spliced in for those who want to do both, add a trailer set up and add more lighting.

• 1 month later...

OK, Update, I have the connectors in hand, I have one breakout on the way to the first customer and a second harness made and ready to ship.

I will post the offering in the Member Vendors section soon, but for now here are some photos.

The price as pictured will be $15.00 delivered to the lower 48, add $8.00 if shipping to Canada.

BREAK OUT HARNESS.jpg

FEMALE CONTACTS.jpgMALE PINS.jpg