IGNORED

83 Venture Markland cruise control not working

I recently purchased an 83 Venture, which has an after-market cruise control installed, and the only info I have about it is its name: Markland. I have tried to find any info I can about the company, but so far I haven't had any luck online. I was wondering if anyone has heard of Markland cruise control systems, or where I may locate a wiring diagram, or just a website/phone number. This system uses magnets attached to the rear brake rotor, with a sensor mounted on the rear caliper bracket. the control on the handlebars says MARKLAND across the top, and has 3 buttons, SET, RES, and ^OFF. I am really hoping it's just a loose wire, or a bad vacuum line, but before I start I wanted to get more familiar with how it is installed. Any help is really appreciated!

I had one those on a 84 I had and it really worked good. Much more sensitive then the Yamaha version. Would almost give you whiplash when you pushed the resume.

Problem is I don't remember to much about it. I do remember the magnets and the control on the carbs had a chain on it to pull the throttles.

I may be wrong but I believe Markland when out of business not to many years ago or was bought by some other company, sorry I can't be of more help.

I did a search on the internet and it seems Markland is still around. Looks like they have a line of chrome products. I don't know if this is the same company but it would be worth a call.

Jerry