IGNORED

Goodbye "Moby"- sold my 1984 Honda GL1200 - wish you all the best with the new owner!

VanRiver

"Moby" was my first "big cruiser" style bike that I ever bought....aka "Moby the big blue whale of a Motorcycle!". She started it all for me when it came to touring bikes as I was a dirtbike only guy before her. Moby began her life out in New York state back in 1984 and eventually made her way to Arizona after many different owners and 64,000 miles of adventures over the years. And finally fell into the hands of a Canadian that liked to escape the winter and ride on the many fine desert roads here in AZ. Unfortunately, I got addicted to Yamaha Ventures rather than Honda GoldWings, and Moby was put in storage and did not get the attention and CTFW that she deserved.

It is with a heavy heart I say goodbye today, as she was in storage for almost 5 years while I was "distracted" by my MKII Venture Royales. Time for another nice new owner named "Mike" to put some miles on her odometer and give her the care and attention she deserves.

Moby, thanks for the great memories and I wish you all the best cruising the Highways for hopefully many more years.

IMG_4567.jpg

WOWZY,,, I know how feel Riv!! I played with the Wings a bunch back before buying into the Ventures back in 87 to start taking my kids on cross country adventures.. I LOVED those early Wings,,, the sewing machine smoothness of those engines always tickled my innards. Unlike 90% of the touring folks back then,,, I LOVED the "commercial look" of the Venture over the "residential look" of the Wing.. All the neat stuff like adjustable bars/pegs, removable trunk,,,,,,,.... Plus I always admired the better MPG of the 1st Gens and the ease that the same size (CC for CC) Yamaha would run circles around the Wing... The REAL seller for me on the Yam was that no body wanted em so WOWZY,, talk about affordable!! Unbelievable how the Wing had such a strong culture/following and,, matter of fact,,, has held its own very well even in todays market..

Somewhere around here I have some Magazine articles from those early days that,,, seeing your GORGEOUS "Moby" here and knowing well of your 1st Gen adventures,,, I think you might find interesting.. If I can find them,,, I will post some writings up about Moby's kind and their :stickpoke: with those early Ventures. :biker:

God speed Moby!!! THANK YOU for bringing Riv into our club of misfits!! LIVE LONG AND ENJOY THE OPEN ROAD!!