IGNORED

Tip for new owner of Star Venture

I use a battery tender to keep my batteries charged and maintained when I won't be on the bike for a few days. I did not see a battery tender SAE style lead anywhere on the Star Venture and could not find anything about it so I figured it did not come with a lead for a battery tender.

I was wrong, after I had went out and purchased a lead at Northern Tool and I got home to install it on the bike connecting it to the battery with ring connectors I found to my surprise laying on top of the battery when I removed the seat a battery tender lead with ring connectors and the SAE style plug for connecting to a battery tender.

So I connected the ring connectors to the battery and ran the lead to the left side cover where you can just put your fingers inside the front of the side cover and pull the lead out far enough to plug a battery tender to it to charge or maintain the battery.

Also some small air compressors come with the SAE style lead so you can use the battery tender connector to power the small air compressor when needed. Some small air compressors come with a cigarette lighter style plug and you can use the power port on the left front of the fairing to power the compressor.

At any rate check under the seat on top of the battery and you will likely find a supplied by Yamaha battery tender lead to install on the battery to charge/maintain the bike with a battery tender charger/maintainer.

I use a battery tender to keep my batteries charged and maintained when I won't be on the bike for a few days. I did not see a battery tender SAE style lead anywhere on the Star Venture and could not find anything about it so I figured it did not come with a lead for a battery tender.

I was wrong, after I had went out and purchased a lead at Northern Tool and I got home to install it on the bike connecting it to the battery with ring connectors I found to my surprise laying on top of the battery when I removed the seat a battery tender lead with ring connectors and the SAE style plug for connecting to a battery tender.

So I connected the ring connectors to the battery and ran the lead to the left side cover where you can just put your fingers inside the front of the side cover and pull the lead out far enough to plug a battery tender to it to charge or maintain the battery.

Also some small air compressors come with the SAE style lead so you can use the battery tender connector to power the small air compressor when needed. Some small air compressors come with a cigarette lighter style plug and you can use the power port on the left front of the fairing to power the compressor.

At any rate check under the seat on top of the battery and you will likely find a supplied by Yamaha battery tender lead to install on the battery to charge/maintain the bike with a battery tender charger/maintainer.

Yep...both the Kawa and the SVTC go to be every day with a little trickle pep talk.... I had one on the 2008, 10 year old Wing...and that original battery was still pounding out the start-ups...even after ten years of continued service.