IGNORED

2008 VentureRider Rally concerns

Guest ReinyRooster

Guest Swifty

Many, many members here remember the 2nd amendment topic & stated their preferences.....I don't wish to bring up a can of worms, but if HONESTY is wanted, many will NEVER leave their guns at home & put their personal well-being in the hands of ____?

I'd love to meet more....but, I won't relinquish any 'Constitutional Rights' to do so....or put loved ones at risk.

There is our honest reasoning & hope I haven't offended anyone.

Best wishes for a super-successful meet, since many think different than me & mine. :happy34:

Thanks for the well wishes Popeye, no offence taken whatsoever especially from someone being honest. It is a tragic part of this venture if members of this community feel that they can't get together for this kind of reason. Blueslover and Gary say it more diplomatically....I'll just say un(blinking)believable!

That's some honesty from me...we'll miss ya and your kind, Popeye.

in the mean time I recommend

http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com/library/fear/index.php

(without any offence intended either).

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all of the above comments, I can only say ................HUH? How is any of this related to the original topic? But as long as we are straying way, way off the subject..................

I just returned safely from a 2500 miles trip and my only form of personal, portable protection was my sparkling personality and mildly venomous wit. And it's always locked and loaded, baby.

Back to topic - I hope you have a great turnout, great weather, safe riding and are not accosted by any of those notorious Canuck Banditos that molest innocent travelers. :stickpoke:

I went through Ontario in 1996 as part of the One Lap of America event. Had my car covered with decals, which Brock Yates called: "watch your speed, because all your cars are cunningly disguised as a RACE CAR". :)

We had a scanner, CB, and a V-1 Radar detector. Had the remote display though. Never turned anything off, and drove over the limit a lot. Went through customs and they never blinked. Guess they figured if we were stupid enough to drive in a car looking like that, that we would not do anything illegal. Or we just got lucky:innocent-emoticon:

Anyway, I would think if you remove the fuse, and if the unit comes out, wrap it up and put it where you can't possibly reach it from the seat, and if you get stopped, I can't imagine them taking a detector from someone out of country, on vacation with a device legal in their home area/state/country when you have made a good faith effort to disable it.

Of course, not getting stopped in the first place is your best offense!

Have a fun and safe trip.

I went through Ontario in 1996 as part of the One Lap of America event. Had my car covered with decals, which Brock Yates called: "watch your speed, because all your cars are cunningly disguised as a RACE CAR". :)

VERY cool Don.,..I remember reading about the one lap of America in a car magazine.. What were you driving..?

Guest Popeye

In all my extensive travel through Canada...I never once had the police even look at me.

Things have happened to me over the years & made me a bit weird....

Canada is full of magnificent scenery & high quality roads. It has given me hundreds of wonderful memories...which I will cherish forever.

Also, I've never had the slightest safety issue while traveling in Canada.:)