IGNORED

isolating leaking exhaust

Okay so how do I locate the exhaust leak if it's making me high and I can't see it or hear it?

I mean I've seen some funky riding gear but this riding around wearing a snorkel just isn't going to cut it even in population deprived Nebraska where not a lot of people have to see me. The other option is my old World War II gas mask but it's not very effective anymore

I use a HF cheap stethoscope to find leaks. Pull the probe out of the hose and move the hose around all the joints. You'll hear the smallest of leaks. I use that to isolate ticks and noises from engines too. You can find where all the noises come from.

I use a HF cheap stethoscope to find leaks. Pull the probe out of the hose and move the hose around all the joints. You'll hear the smallest of leaks. I use that to isolate ticks and noises from engines too. You can find where all the noises come from.

Good advice. If you don't have a stethoscope a short length of heater hose held to the ear works pretty good too. Just don't let anyone get a picture of you using it, you end up looking a little crazy. :8:

Tim

Good advice. If you don't have a stethoscope a short length of heater hose held to the ear works pretty good too. Just don't let anyone get a picture of you using it, you end up looking a little crazy. :8:

Tim

Yep. And everybody automatically believes you know what you're doing with a stethoscope hanging around your neck. :223: