IGNORED

Suzuki GS650 Rat Bike

luvmy40

A while back one of my customers asked if I would help him get his Suzuki GS650 back on the road. It's a late 70's/early 80's model, not sure what year exactly. He explained that it had been running well a few years ago but after sitting for those few years it had no electric power even with a new battery. I told him I'd be happy to as I have a bit of experience wrenching on the 80's GS bikes.

We never did get together to do any work on the bike due to life and stuff.

Quite some time later, many months actually he called and asked if I'd be interested in buying the GS for $300.00 as he'd decide he wasn't going to ride anymore.

I went to take a look at it as I was interested if it was a candidate for restoration. Alas, it's complete except for the turn signals but it has a really bad rattle can paint job with various skulls applied haphazardly here and there. The seat is in pretty bad shape and the wire harness looks to be severely modified, and poorly at that.

I begged off the sale as I don't have space to let it sit while I collect parts and really am not a paint guy. He was so aggravated with the situation that he said he was just going to scrap this "$500.00 paper weight."

I was just wondering if anyone local would have any interest in this as a project bike. I just hate to see a good titled frame get scrapped. If he's to be taken at his word, it runs well when the electrics are straight.