IGNORED

IBA Eclipse 1000

leroy

Any of you do the IBA 2017 Eclipse Saddle Sore 1000 or the SS1000 Gold?

I rode to Hyannis, Nebraska, from Dallas with an overnight stop in Liberal, KS. Left Liberal at 0400 to start my SS 1000. I arrived in Hyannis, NE (400+ miles) before the eclipse. Saw the total then headed back home via Oklahoma City for the night, actually morning, after 22.5 hours. This should give me the 2017 Eclipse SS1000 Gold from Liberal plus a Bun Burner 1500 from my home.

Only traffic issues was rolling into North Platte on the way back.

It was sure a neat thing to see. Sort of weird during darker parts.

Didn't to the Eclipse, but buddy and I are planning the Lake Michigan SS1000 Loop later this month.

That one should be a good one. It is on my list to do. Not sure if I want to do the IBA ride or just tour around it. I just dread the Chicago part of the IBA ride.

Over the years I have been around it by car but not on a motorcycle. Of course MC would be much more enjoyable.

That one should be a good one. It is on my list to do. Not sure if I want to do the IBA ride or just tour around it. I just dread the Chicago part of the IBA ride.

Over the years I have been around it by car but not on a motorcycle. Of course MC would be much more enjoyable.

Born and raised at the southern end of Chicago so "it's all in a day's ride" for me. I've done the lake loop, Wisconsin lake front, Michigan lake front each multiple times. Take your time through the UP, absolutely beautiful up there.

I live in the Dallas metroplex, 20 years, and hate riding in it. I don't even like driving in a car here but of course must. Been through Chi Town in car a few times, it made Dallas look easy. I think the drivers are more friendly up there and maybe they don't go as fast as they do in Big D.