The weather finally warmed up enough to take my "new-to-me" '84 Venture for a spin. Everything seems fine except for an occasional scraping noise when the bike is rolling slow (coming to a stop or moving around in my garage). Not sure if it disappears with a little more speed or if I just can't hear it. Don't think it's the brakes. Anyone come accross this ? (I sure don't want to have a wheel lock up on me at 100 kph or something like that.)

The end of the driveshaft that goes into the differential has to be greased at least every tire change.I learned the hard way,had to replace the shaft and the part it fits into in the differential.The shaft has a cupped end,it must be packed with grease to last from one tire change to another from 7000 to 10000 miles.BUT Im guessing the noise is coming from .Ill try my best to explain.Remove the rear wheel.The teeth that mate up to the differential need to be removed.A clip is around the center of it.Remove the clip and pull the gear out.It has five or six pegs that fit into round steel holes mounted in rubber.These pegs have to be greased at every tire change,sometimes more often.You will notice a big improvement in the smoothness of the bike.One more thing.The grease fitting on the diffreential is usless,It just dont get grease where it needs to be.Hope I helped.Feel free to email,I maintain my 83 for 60,000 miles.