IGNORED

I can't believe how my RSV's handling improved without the audio system in the fairin

You know how projects can suffer scope creep. I started off simply wanting to mount an iPhone holder and ended up with my fairing split and all the sound system in a tote.

We use SENA 20S bluetooth units and have never used the RSV audio (other than to verify that it worked when I bought the bike). Since I don't use the system, I decided to remove the left hand controller from the bars. One thing led to another and I ended up removing the whole system. The controller, main amp and cassette player together weighed in at just under 8 lbs. I wondered how it would affect handling. (I once had an older GW that had a big weight mounted in front of the triple clamps for front end stability.) Well, I can't believe how much lighter the bike feels.

I've always felt like the bike was top heavy and a challenge to make sharp u-turns. Taking this small amount of weight off the front forks has really changed the way the bike feels. I wouldn't have believed it unless I had experienced it. On my test drive after the modification I executed three tight u-turns and felt very confident. I ran it at high speed and didn't experience any front end wobble.

I'm sure others have made similar comments but I'm so pleased I just had to share.

Ride safely!

Roger