IGNORED

Trying some new LED Fog Lights.

Karaboo

I decided to try some new LED fog lights on my 1st Gen. These are cheap ($30) Chinese (Mictuning) lights, but I figured I would only be out $30 if they don't work.

These have a white LED halo on the outside and a LED spot in the center. They are not true fog lights, since the beam pattern is a spot and not a flat beam. I haven't tried them at night, yet, but they are really only there to make me more visible.

I do like the fact that they only draw about .55 amps each. They are wired so the halo is on with the rest of the lights and the center beam is switched with a relay that is powered with the ignition on.

This is halo only.

IMG_20170416_113809008.jpg

This is halo plus center beam.

IMG_20170416_113836940_HDR.jpg

It is easier to see the difference in person. I will update after some time on the road.

I decided to try some new LED fog lights on my 1st Gen. These are cheap ($30) Chinese (Mictuning) lights, but I figured I would only be out $30 if they don't work.

These have a white LED halo on the outside and a LED spot in the center. They are not true fog lights, since the beam pattern is a spot and not a flat beam. I haven't tried them at night, yet, but they are really only there to make me more visible.

I do like the fact that they only draw about .55 amps each. They are wired so the halo is on with the rest of the lights and the center beam is switched with a relay that is powered with the ignition on.

This is halo only.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=108965

This is halo plus center beam.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=108966

It is easier to see the difference in person. I will update after some time on the road.

I have the same lights on my bike only I went with bluish halo and I can switch them from bright dim and pulsing. I can also switch out a wire on them where they are red in color, kind of like show light I guess.

20170328_231139.jpg20170328_231038.jpg the beam on the fence is from the spotlight fog light. I have my aimed outward for getting light in the ditch side of the road. Trying to drive for them reindeer. They work somewhat. I have seen the 4 led lights thinking about trying those out to see which I like better. I would like to know where you found the white halo tho. when i got mine all I could find was Red big no no Orange/amber, and the blue.