IGNORED

Reporting back on EFM Autoclutch and Russell Day Long Seats

Luvdaleather

Hi Everyone! :banana:By gosh it's been a long winter! We Californian's:cool: have a VERY low tolerance for 18" of snow,:snow: 11 below zero :cold:and then so much rain that my shop was taking on water.:rain2: What was with THAT???? Ya know that type of weather in this part of the country is just is really WRONG! The worst part is that the bike had been parked since November due to weather and muddy driveway, :doh: However, last Wednesday I was able to get out for about an hour.:rasberry: Even if all I did was get fuel and take the long way home, it was worth it.

For those who don't recall long ago and oh so far back...:confused:I looked into an auto clutch to aide my poor thumbs joints. I did get the EFM Autoclutch and although I struggled with the learning curve, I will admit that it was a very good choice.:biker: After not being on the bike for a while and jumping on last week I am sold: the clutch and the learning curve are well worth the price.:cool10: Great customer service too.:happy34:http://efmautoclutch.com/

Next on the agenda is the Russell Day Long Seat. A couple of years ago I rebuilt my seat bringing me forward and lowering it by 2", however after an "Iron Butt" friend of mine was on his second Day Long Seat, I thought it was time to let someone else accommodate my.....well.... my, seat. :8: I met him at the Russell Day Long Seat factory and learned a bunch about the seats.:happy34: I went ahead an sent my seat in. The first run did not work for me.:no-no-no: The seat was not what I expected, plain and simple:confused24:. After contacting them they went out of their way to correct their errors and in record time turned out an exceptional seat; even better that I had expected. :bighug:

The way they shaped the seat changed the dynamics of the bike so backing the bike out of the garage at an angle, downhill onto our gravel approach is a piece of cake.:happy65: It no longer feels top heavy to me; big bike yep, top heavy no! :beer: By using the stock pan and their patterns they created an amazing seat for my height. One thing to know is that the "wings" do not have to be as prominent as you may think, like my work, the customer tells them how they want the seat to look and they build it. Oh and they did add the seat skirts like my stock seat.:amen: Outstanding customer service! :bowdown:http://day-long.comrstd5.jpg

TOTALLY 100% ROCK N ROLL NANCI!!! Glad to hear the scoot is coming together nicely sister!! :You_Rock_Emoticon: Hope that auto clutch solves the joint pain issue for riding for ya cause that GORGEOUS scoot of yours is just SCREAMING for some miles :sign bring it on:

Been getting on top of the medical stuff you and I chatted about - got a new tuner for my heart and they also found some pretty aggressive cancer they removed back in Janurary - feeling much better = things are looking up here now on our end too!!

Kids from Sacramento were just here for a couple weeks playing with our new grand son - got to hear alllll about the WATER out there = HOKEY SPAMOKEY!! Flooded roads, over running rivers, cars washing down highways and - like you mentioned, houses and shops filling up.. Gotta ask, when headed north on "5" going to The Dalles back in '14 we rode past a huge resivore (sp) that was almost empty - like 120 feet down!! Wondering if that area is now refilled? I know we came back thru "Marysville" on the return trip to say bye to the kids before heading to Glacier - kids said that area was being threatened by a possible dam breaking - seems like that was a LONG way from your area?

BIKE LOOKS JUST AWESOME (as always)!! Good on ya for getting er done sister cause ride season is almost here!!!!!!