IGNORED

water pump

10spd

Hey Cowpuc, in a thread awhile back. you said something about the water pump impellor being plastic. would I be money ahead to change it to a metal one & what year did mother Yamaha make the change. over this winter I will be building my 1988 into a better Venture things like clutch, plugs & wires. Hopfully to get a chance to attend a MG & EM. :cool10:

Hey Cowpuc, in a thread awhile back. you said something about the water pump impellor being plastic. would I be money ahead to change it to a metal one & what year did mother Yamaha make the change. over this winter I will be building my 1988 into a better Venture things like clutch, plugs & wires. Hopfully to get a chance to attend a MG & EM. :cool10:

98 would be metal.

Randy

Thinking @Venturous Randy made a typo there 10spd,,, thinking he meant to say your 88 already has the metal impellar in it,,,, maybe wrong but thats what I am thinking.. As far as I know, only the MK1's were blessed with the plastic Water Pump impellar (83 - 85),, I know I had to change em out on both 83 and 84 models I have owned, I am not positive on even the 85's - they may have been the beginning of getting the updated impellar right from the factory.. If someone chimes in here and tells us differently (that your scoot DOES have the plastic impellar) I would definitely swap it out! I would also redo the mechanical and rubber seal for the impellar shaft while I was in there brother..

All the best in your winter plans for refreshing the scoot Speed!

Puc

PS = WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU COME UP FOR A MGnEM SPEED - it will change your life for ever - GUARANTEED :big-grin-emoticon: (no guarantee on for better or for worst):missingtooth: