IGNORED

Finished with the '05 Midnight

Freebird

I think I'm finally done with the Midnight. Since Maintenance Day, I added the chrome passenger and rider floorboards and the chrome oil filler cap. I think that finishes it up. Yes, I know there are still some bits and pieces out there but nothing that I really want to add. I'm not that wild about the chrome battery covers and though I was thinking I would add the crash bar mounted wind deflectors, I remembered that they sort of got in my way when using the highway pegs. When I feet are on the highway pegs, that is MOST of the time, I just shift with my heel without taking my feet off the pegs, the wind deflectors got in the way of me doing that.

So I think I'm done now. Well...there are TWO more things that I will get to at some point. The Stebel or Wolo horn and possibly the SpeedoHealer.

Now I just need to get the bugs washed off from our last ride and get some nice pictures out in the sun.

IMG_0418.jpg

I missed if you changed the final drive to a V-Max. I have to say that the 2nd gen transmission ratios and the V-Max final drive is about as good as you can get. It makes pulling out so much easier with the lower 1st gear(10 % lower) and that higher 5th gear(5% higher) is just enough that I don't have that constant feeling on the interstate that I need one more gear on my 1st gen.

Randy

No I haven't. It is something that I may do later. Loved it on the '99. Here's the thing, after riding the Harley for about 3 years, the RSV seems geared very LOW. LOL....I know it's not but compared to the Harley it feels wound up. I'll get used to it for a while before changing again to the VMax. I'm sure I'll want to at some point. Probably the first decent trip pulling a loaded trailer.

Of course you are talking about the first gen. For the second get, ALL the gears get lower.

the RSV seems geared very LOW. LOL....I know it's not but compared to the Harley it feels wound up.

Of course you are talking about the first gen. For the second get, ALL the gears get lower.

Well, if you put a 68 pound crankshaft in it and unplugged a couple spark plugs, it would feel more like your Harley.

Yep. good point on all the 2nd gen gears being lower with the V-Max final drive, compared to stock.

Randy