IGNORED

Headlamps and passing lamps?

Guest cubby

Guest cubby

I just bought my 02 RSV this past December. I am trying to remove the headlamp visor that was installed by the previous owner. Will I have to split the fairing to get to it? My second question is regarding the passing lamps. I have been reviewing this site for the best alternative in making the lights brighter. When I opened the chrome pieces to remove the visors from the passing lamps, the whole bulb/light came out-attached by two wires that are screwed to the back of the passing lamp housing. I don't know whether these passing lamps are OEM or aftermarket. It looks as if I can't replace just the bulb without replacing the whole unit that fits inside of the passing lamp housing. Is there any one that knows a site that sells the whole unit for brighter lighting. I don't think just a H3 bulb will work. Thanks for listening!

Cubby

Cubby.

You will have to split the fairing to get the visor off the headlight. It goes under the ring that holds the "headlamp" in place. If the running lamps do not have an adapter to set them out from the fairing, they will need to be removed to get the fairing apart. I used to lay a towel on my front fender and lay the light on it.

As to the running light bulbs. Mine are OEM and have the sealed beam bulb like yours. That is a standard size for the automotive industry. You will have to replace the bulb to get a brighter beam. They make several different wattages in that size. Most any auto parts store will have them.

I don't know if a kit is available to change them over to use the replaceable bulb. I would think there would be a way to do it, but I have never loked for one.

RIDE SAFE

Guest cubby

Steve I appreciate the help. I'm assuming to replace the passing lamp bulbs the whole unit will have to go, or do you mean just a small bulb. I can't seem to see where just a normal "bulb" would go into the housing. It looks all connected with the outer glass and all.

Thanks

Cubby.

You will have to replace the entire sealed beam glass bulb. These are older style headlamp bulbs but very much still in use today. Just loosen the screws and remove the wires from the terminals and take the bulb with you to the parts store. They will be able to help you choose a new bulb. Do not worry about getting the wires mixed up. They will work OK either way.