IGNORED

Finished making some pieces for the dash

mabeline

A few months ago I got a bunch of broken pieces back from my local dealer. Here's what I made from them.

In pic "1" I started off with this. It looked OK but it was way to heavy looking. I felt like I was going to be like Arte Johnson with his tri-cycle on Laugh-in.

In pic 2 this is what I came up with. A bunch smaller and just enough room to put the garage door opener button.

In pic 3 I color matched the dash behind the guages and made a strip under the dash to hold the thermometer and a few other ideas for later maybe.

In pic 4 I made a tach holder for the little tach we were buying here a bunch of years ago. I think it was from Dingy?? I don't use the tach to often but it's kinda neat to have once in a while. It still has the original battery so it's not too hard on batteries.

In pic 5 It's just a backed up view of my goofing around.

In pic 6 I borrowed an idea from Jonas when he had everybody drooling over his pics a few months ago.

venture pics 039.jpg

venture pics 066.jpg

venture pics 067.jpg

venture pics 068.jpg

venture pics 069.jpg

venture pics 046.jpg

I like what you have done. I really like the three gauges replacing the tape deck.
Just a FYI. Several years ago there was a member here by the name of Ponch who made up a really nice looking kit that replaced the cassette deck with a 3 gauge setup. Unfortunately Ponch had a really bad motorcycle accident and no longer rides or has anything to do with motorcycles. There are several members who bought his setup...

I like what you have done. I really like the three gauges replacing the tape deck.

Thanks can't take total credit for the gauges thou. This was an excellent thread on installing gauges. Somewhere in the 21 pages of the thread I think there's a template for making your own. I know that's what I used.

chttp://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?32675-removed-cassette-added-gauges-done&highlight=gaugesredit

Sorry I tried to copy and paste the thread so you could just click on it. Guess I'm not quite puter savvy enough.

Edited by mabeline

what does the backside of the audio control piece look like? Is it finished?

I just curled it over the back side about a 1/4 of the way. That painted plastic isn't to forgiving if you heat it much or to many times.The paint tends to crack and split.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105107[/ATTACH]