IGNORED

engine size vs vin#

texasrices

A potential buyer for my bike wants a history report. Like a carfax. No problem. I find several sites that will create the report. Here is the twist. When I enter my vin# the report is created but they all say that my engine size is a 1600cc as opposed to the 1294cc.

2006 Midnight Venture XVZ13TF

Am I missing something??

I can't answer your question but I'll tell you this. There are a lot of scammers out there now who are asking for the reports. They will tell you that they are good with your price and are ready to make a deal but want to see a report first. They tell you to buy the report and send it to them and then if it is OK, they will come and give you cash for the bike. They will even send you a link to a site that runs the reports. They either own those sites are get a commission for every report that they sell. It's a big scam and it pretty widespread now. I tell them to bring their money and lay it on the table. I will pay for an run the report in front of them and if it is good, I will put their money in my pocket. If it is bad, they can pick up their money and leave. They never accept that offer and insist that they will buy whatever it is and pay for the report if it is good. Just a SCAM alert for you. Don't fall for it.

If you look in the motorcycle forums on Craigslist, you will find a lot of warnings similar to this one. I got one of these emails myself a while back and handled it as stated above. Now I won't even reply at all:

--- BEWARE!! motorcycle buyer Scam trying to get cre 2016-03-15 16:16BEWARE! BEWARE of a new scam targeting people selling motorcycles. The person uses various fake names and claims to be interested in your motorcycle, but only if you run a VIN check on uscyclevin.com or cyclevin.com (same site). The person claims they will pay you back if they buy your bike, but only if you use uscyclevin.com because they claim it is less expensive than carfax. Do not fall for it. They are just trying to get your credit card number and other personal information. If you receive an email from someone wanting you to use uscyclevin.com or cyclevin.com, do not bother to reply, just delete it.