IGNORED

Radio cuts out over bumps

Wags87

Through the winter didn't have the problem - but now that it's warming up, the problem is back. When I go over bumps the right channel quits working. Then sometimes it will come back on over other bumps. I've taken the radio out and looked at the connetions - they look clean. I was thinking about putting dielectric grease in the connections to see if it would help.

Pull radio out again, carefully check the pull apart plug, maby one of the pins of the two plugs is bent, and not slideing into the proper position.

Take the Rubber Cover Off the Amp unit, Check the 4 cables that plug into the top

of that unit. Maby bad connection on one of them.

Follow the cables from the left handlebar, control unit, check for damaged cables. This cable will have a pull apart plug, enrout to the Amp. Clean all the pins, with contact cleaner. There is also a plug enroute to the Passenger Control, might be a problem in that plug.

Through the winter didn't have the problem - but now that it's warming up, the problem is back. When I go over bumps the right channel quits working. Then sometimes it will come back on over other bumps. I've taken the radio out and looked at the connetions - they look clean. I was thinking about putting dielectric grease in the connections to see if it would help.

My '83 was doing the same thing. Pulled the radio panel and cleaned the connector pulgs. Male and female, and was very careful when putting the panel back in. The problem seems to have gone away.