IGNORED

Hey Californiaians Route 395

The Beast

Visiting a buddy and going to the Santa Maria Rodeo. Thinking of going up to Fresno then over to the 395and down to his place in Laguna Hills. Is 395 a good route? anything fun to ride along the 395? We have 8 days. Any good HotDog stands along the way. We are there June 3.

I like the 395. It's a nice asphalt ribbon in surprisingly good condition. Starting from north to south, Bridgeport is a nice little spot to stop for lunch or gas. Bishop is a sweet little highway town that has Schatz's bakery for pastry and coffee. Best lodging there is the Creekside Inn. A little farther south is the city of Lone Pine, which has the Totem Cafe with a lot of pine log interior.

Perhaps after you have seen your friend, stop over for a visit, we are about one hour from the Laguna Hills.

Like Beastwood said, 395 is a great ride along the mountain road and lots of desert after you cross out of a little town of Red Mountain.

One thing to really watch out for is when you get close to Kramer junction at the crossroads of 395 and Hwy 58.

Watch out for tourists that are always in a hurry and for Trucks, Big Trucks, and lots of them.

Traffic is bad there so watch your back and all around.

Have fun and Ride Safe!

I like the 395. It's a nice asphalt ribbon in surprisingly good condition. Starting from north to south, Bridgeport is a nice little spot to stop for lunch or gas. Bishop is a sweet little highway town that has Schatz's bakery for pastry and coffee. Best lodging there is the Creekside Inn. A little farther south is the city of Lone Pine, which has the Totem Cafe with a lot of pine log interior.

Perhaps after you have seen your friend, stop over for a visit, we are about one hour from the Laguna Hills.

Wow. Thanks for the info. We will check these out. I will give you a heads up when I'm in Laguna Hills.

Zzyzzx Thanks for the heads up. I notice you haven't got Washington state colored in on your map. Great place to ride and so close to BC Canada. Love to have you up in our great province. 40% off on Canadian $

Heading there in July for "Krusin the Kootenays" Ride in Castleger, BC then plan to go up to Banff then head west to Vancouver and if time allows over to Victoria Island then south into Washington.

Are you doing the K-T-K ? If so see you there, if not maybe we can meet up somewhere in BC.