IGNORED

Lythium soap base grease

nowgrounded

OK I bought a tube of LUCAS red&tacky , one tube will go a long way .I cleaned out the whole thing then fallowed instructions on this site and never heard the final drive again no more noise and runs nice as for the rear wheel on the splines don't put to much , I use a small brush .That stuff sticks like crazy and will last . Did this last year on my rear tire change and been running quiet ever since

i have a tube of red llythium grease i picked up at carquest

dont know if its soap based but i know you can not wash it off with soap and water i used oil to wash it off my hands

i used it to grease my boats lower unit and after a summer of running it was still there

You want to wash the stuff off of anything ore almost WD40 man that stuff is good for a lot of purpose . I use it for the spring cleaning for removing all the dirt and grime from under the bike , the rear wheel just make sure not to spray it on the brake pads and rotors LOL

most grease is soap base .thats what they use to make it thick.the new high moly base greases may use some other chemical to make them thick.i would look for a good moly base grease for the splines.i use moly brake caliper grease from auto zone.it contains moly,ptf,and grafite.it is high temp and won't sling off.it has a brush to apply it and is ultra pasty.bill