IGNORED

The Good, the Bad, and the very, very Hot.

beastwood

I got up today to go on a charity run to benefit the families of fallen bikers. First, my friend I was to ride with texts me that he will be almost an hour late. No problem, I read the morning paper. We take off and head for the destination, only to find three lanes of a four lane freeway are closed for construction. The heat now has crept up to about 95 F or better. We considered splitting lanes, but too many trailer rigs, motor homes, and generally too crowded for my liking. So, the only choice was to slow ride the Venture. After about a half hour, I now feel I can slow ride at about a slow walk! It finally clicked for me. I got the right combination of friction zone and rear brake. At last the freeway lanes opened up after about another fifteen minutes. We finally made it to the poker run, we were last to register, last to start, and last to finish. I had an ace, a king and a jack, but somebody with a straight won. All in all it was a great day for a great cause. Even the traffic jam was good.

I volunteered to be motorcycle on course for a marathon yesterday. It took me 2:35 to go 26.2 miles. My left hand got a bit tired pulling the Barnett spring. I did however get to spend 10 hours riding my bike and after the first time through the course the crowd thinned out and there wasn't as much clutch work to be done.