IGNORED

got my seat done by rick butler today

I live 50 miles from him.I took my seat to him.My seat was so whittled on and heavily modified when he saw it he said i would be better off just buying a complete seat, that there wasnt much of my seat left to work with.I dont have 300 for a used ebay seat.Whoever butchered my seat used some crummpy grey nonsupportive collapsing foam for the bulk of the seat cushion.A stock seat like his is at least 6 inches wider than mine.But, he cut out most of the offending foam,replaced it with quality foam,then memory foam,stretched the upholstery back over it,stapled it, and I sat on it.Amazing difference.I can hardly wait to go for a ride on it.For a crummy seat with nothing to build on he somehow saved it.He said buy some more seats and bring them to him and let him redo them.I will someday.

Edited by cruiserlover

I did not ride the bike to his house.The traffic in dallas is very dangerous.The seat felt fine sitting on a perch he had,a stool actually.I put it on the bike this morning, went for a ride.Hurts my tailbone.He said the seat is too far gone.His work was excellent, but it couldnt correct all the lousy stuff that someone else had done to it.You can tell he is very good at what he does.

• 2 weeks later...