IGNORED

Need advice on exhuast

cruiser

I have been riding a long time and I think a loud horn is gonna do a lot more for you than loud pipes.Today's cars are so insulated from noise and people have super sound systems playing,they would only hear dynamite going off beside them.Straight pipes are not the answer,they only make people call their Congressman and demand they make bikes tone it down.If a rider just likes straight pipes I think they should be allowed to have them.I feel we as a whole we should try to not bring undue attention to ourselves,too many people have a poor opinion of bikes already.We do control how people see us.I hope I never get killed on my bike because it might make somebody say "look another guy killed on a bike". And I sure don't want anybody saying "he died doing what he loved". Bikes are for fun to me,always have been.Just my opinion,we all know what they say about that.

I have been riding a long time and I think a loud horn is gonna do a lot more for you than loud pipes.Today's cars are so insulated from noise and people have super sound systems playing,they would only hear dynamite going off beside them.Straight pipes are not the answer,they only make people call their Congressman and demand they make bikes tone it down.If a rider just likes straight pipes I think they should be allowed to have them.I feel we as a whole we should try to not bring undue attention to ourselves,too many people have a poor opinion of bikes already.We do control how people see us.I hope I never get killed on my bike because it might make somebody say "look another guy killed on a bike". And I sure don't want anybody saying "he died doing what he loved". Bikes are for fun to me,always have been.Just my opinion,we all know what they say about that.

• 3 months later...

I bought a set of dual, chrome, air horns with 159 db's off Ebay, for $36.00. The compressor and tubing are included and the will work off of your stock horn button, that is already relayed. They even make the cows out in the field take notice.The more d b's the louder the horns are. If you want them to hear you coming, you need to take off the exhaust chamber and put straight pipes on it. I believe that loud pipes save lives. I know that they will make people quit texting long enough to look.