Been home a couple weeks, and with the nicer weather, decided it was time to get the second gear issue taken care of before riding season got into full swing. Spent yesterday afternoon stripping the scoot and hauling out the power pack. Then spent a couple hours in the garage stripping the power pack down, and cleaning the parts. When I had the drive shaft in the parts bath, after I'd gotten all the old grease off her, something didn't quite look right. Under closer inspection, I found that the teeth on the rear of the shaft looked like an ol' Inuit women's smile, half of the teeth were gone. It looks like every tooth is half worn out. So now I'm in the hunt for a replacement drive shaft. Will check with the local cycle salvage yards, but thought I'd post with the real experts and see if anyone has a spare that they'd let go cheap.

84 Venture Royale.

Ozzie

Been home a couple weeks, and with the nicer weather, decided it was time to get the second gear issue taken care of before riding season got into full swing. Spent yesterday afternoon stripping the scoot and hauling out the power pack. Then spent a couple hours in the garage stripping the power pack down, and cleaning the parts. When I had the drive shaft in the parts bath, after I'd gotten all the old grease off her, something didn't quite look right. Under closer inspection, I found that the teeth on the rear of the shaft looked like an ol' Inuit women's smile, half of the teeth were gone. It looks like every tooth is half worn out. So now I'm in the hunt for a replacement drive shaft. Will check with the local cycle salvage yards, but thought I'd post with the real experts and see if anyone has a spare that they'd let go cheap.

84 Venture Royale.

Ozzie

You got PM

buddy

Qz, if your driveshaft is worn out from not being greased routinely, then the rear differential coupling is going to be bad also. It would probably be cheaper to buy a good used rear differential than try to get a coupling and get it set up correctly. Driveshafts go for many different prices, according to what the current need is. If you can not find one, I may have a good coupling on a spare differential that I have.

RandyA