IGNORED

new grips

Need new grips. I've been getting different results as far as fitment for my 84 venture. I bought some that said they were an exact fit. They were not. I have foam one's now that have worn out and would like the rubber checkered ones. Any advice on what you have bought for new grips would be helpful. Thanks

Doug

I have picked up on eBay the original Venture grips, new old stock. Occasionally I see really good used Venture grips on eBay.

The Venture grips are longer than most grips. Grips intended for the GL1500 and GL1800 are the correct size as well.

Note that OEM grips are different from right and left. (The throttle tube requires a larger grip diameter than the left grip.)

As @Prairiehammer said, the left is 7/8"and the right with throttle tube is 1" in diameter.......I too have been hunting for new grips....I wasn't aware that GL1800's were the same size, thanks for the Tip! These bikes sure take looooong grips.

I have picked up on eBay the original Venture grips, new old stock. Occasionally I see really good used Venture grips on eBay.

The Venture grips are longer than most grips. Grips intended for the GL1500 and GL1800 are the correct size as well.

Note that OEM grips are different from right and left. (The throttle tube requires a larger grip diameter than the left grip.)

So if I buy any Goldwing 1500 or 1800 grip it will fit? That will open up my options. The ones I have now are some old foam ones that have gotten smooth. I have to grip them pretty tight and my hands cramp up. I think I am going to try the Kuryakyn ISO grips 6180. Says they fit the Goldwing. Anybody have a brand or style that worked for them on there 1st Gen? Thanks

Doug

I can try looking through the parts bins and see if I can find the grips that came off the hubby's 87, he thinks he kept them when he bought new grips. Nothing wrong with them, he just got hand cramps from them. They are original Venture grips in very good condition.

My hands cramp up too. Thanks GAWildKat for the thought but I think I will buy a new set that fits the Goldwing that has good reviews. Many of the new ones help with vibration and should do the trick. Thanks Prairiehammer

Hi @GAWildKat if Dbeck is not wanting your grips then I would be interested in taking them off you hands....how much would you want for them? Send me a PM if you are able to find them in the good ol' parts bin. Thanks.

I can try looking through the parts bins and see if I can find the grips that came off the hubby's 87, he thinks he kept them when he bought new grips. Nothing wrong with them, he just got hand cramps from them. They are original Venture grips in very good condition.