IGNORED

Mic Mutes

Kregerdoodle

Got her done..... man what a job !! had the green beast striped down to the bone... let me tell ya`ll what happened, all was good untill I was taking the gas line off the tank, the whole brass fitting came out of the cockpit and not the hose...I know I have read of this happening on here.. any way, I cleaned it up real good, put a thin coat of silicon on it an tapped it back in with a plastic mallet, rode about 20miles and checked for leaks all looks good, any thing else I should have done??? Any way, got the mic-mutes all ran and hooked up, wanted to test before taping and dressing in the cables... and Nada..zip...nothin....hhhhmmmmm...ok now what, I got the kids VOM and started checking things... hmm whats all the smoke??? had the meter set wrong and smoked it!! The boy is very proud of me!! any way, had to take the front lowers off to get to the fuse block...boy the rocket sceintist that thought that up!! any way, had a bad fuse, changed that, still nothin...got a different VOM and checked at the splices on the acc power outlet..nada....hhhmmmm ok, now what, ended up having to crimp thos schotch locks till they where almost smashed...at last power!!! got it all back together( with NO extra parts ) and me and momma took her for a spin..all is good!! I am still having problems with my J&M headsets only getting music out of the left speaker, but that is another thread!!

Here's another option.

First thing I did when we bought our 99 back in Feb 99, and first change on the 06 (before I even rode the bike).

Curt

I've got mine up on the left side handle bar like this also. I also removed all the rubber from the tank so you can see the paint, and added a chrome bezel.