IGNORED

Got the wife out of wind.

Raider58

My wife is nearly 6' 1", so I needed to get her out of the jet stream. I purchased a seat off of eBay that was damaged. So abbreviated I cut it almost in half put on a 5/8 inch gel pad, covered with what they call forming foam, then I sewed my own seat cover out of marine grade seat material. It looks and works very well, it got her 3"s lower which is what I was going for all along.

IMG_20150403_210812.jpg

Raider, you are addressing one of the HUGE things that my wife really does not care for concerning the 2nd Gen. While we have never actually ridden one, we have sat on a few of them and she always comments about sitting to high above me. I would be interested in some more pics (THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU ALL READY POSTED!!) of what you came up with from a little further back and at a side view if at all possible.. I would also REALLY be interested in your wifes take on the your endeavor after some seat time (no pun intended) with some feedback about comfort as well as wind protection. Right now we ride a 1st Gen and find it perfect for the type of riding we do and, if we ever did get into a 2nd Gen - would be looking for way to lower the rear seat to get as close to seat height differences that match the 1st Gen..

NICE JOB RAIDER!!!! :thumbsup::clap2::dancefool:

Basically I just took the seat I bought off eBay for $35 took a turkey carving knife and cut the original foam about in half, then glued a 5/8 gel pad cut to fit, then covered with forming foam, then my black covering. Like I said it dropped her down a good 3". She says she is down out of the wind now, and says it is a little firmer but just as comfortable.

IMG_20150404_122803.jpg

IMG_20150404_122914.jpg

WOW - I like that!! NICE JOB and thanks for the pics!! Again, not that I/We have ever ridden one and this may not even be an issue BUT,, I really wonder what the difference is going to be like in the handling of your bike having moved her down that far.. It may not even be noticeable but it sure seems like any time you can change weight height to closer to the ground the handling may improve too.. I have heard people complain about "top heaviness" being an issue with the 2nd Gens, wonder if you might be addressing some of that..

Anyway - NICE JOB!!

Thanks for your comments, not that there are that many old seats lyeing around but it may be of use for those of you that ride two up and the wife complains about the wind, like you said if she's not happy nobody's happy.