IGNORED

Kickstand down and will drop into gear and still run Why

I have a 1983 Venture Royalle With the kick stand down I can put the bike in gear and drive away. I have checked the kick stand switch as well as a spare Kick stand switch with and Ohms meter. Both switches when compressed the current is disconnected but when open or kick stand down the current flows. Any idea what to look at next

Side stand switch has 3 wires. One is ground, and when side stand is up, ground is applied to both other wires. One of the other wires, green/blue, controls the side stand indicator on the CMU. The 3rd wire, Blue/yellow, energizes the side stand relay coil. The contacts of the side stand relay, when closed, apply a ground to the TCI ignition unit for the unit to operate. Typically when a side stand issue arises, advise is given to splice all 3 side stand wires together, with the understanding that there is danger of travel with side stand down. You could also have a defective relay (contacts welded closed), or someone has done something to the wiring to bypass the system.

• 2 weeks later...