IGNORED

It was a balmy 74 degrees and my day off, so...

pofarm

I pulled the radiator off my bike:bang head: looking for the coolant leak. What I found was the top radiator hose clamp was a bit loose and was seeping. I went ahead and had the radiator pressure tested just to be sure while I had it out. I replaced the hoses and life is good again. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to ride after it was back together. :cry:

I'm off tomorrow too, but the high is supposed to be mid 40's. :confused24: Gotta love Missouri weather.

Had a similar problem couple years ago on my '84. An annoying seep on the upper corner. Pulled it off, pressure washed it and took it in to an old radiator shop to have it pressure tested. The shop owner called me later in the day and said all was good. No problem found. I stopped in to pick it up and talked with the owner. He said it was one of the best constructed radiators he had seen in years. He seemed surprised at what it was out of. He had combed out the fins already so I had him go ahead and dip it. Still in the bike today with no problems.

Turned out it was only a minor pin hole in the upper hose. Only leaked a bit when the bike was hot and the spray was blowing away at highway speed. The coolant was almost dry when the bike was stopped. Ended up using the strobe light from a timing light in a dark garage just to see the mist from the leak. A quick clip on the hose at the nipple and a new clamp ended the problem.

Like you, the weather here has been great. Got some miles in over the last couple days and enjoying the sunshine. I can deal with the 40's and 50's. Don't sound like it's gonna last long. Talking snow in the next couple days. I got my fix for a little longer. Tent is checked and cleaned, sleeping bag is washed and trailer is packed and ready to go.

I'm read to get on the road.