IGNORED

Relocating TCI

Posted a while ago about relocating my TCI. So, I'm in the process of doing it. I was able to remove both screws from the TCI but only one from the ignition advance unit. Should I continue to try to remove it or just leave it where it is?

I am planning on mounting it to the airbox. Does it matter which side faces up? Is it better to cut the tabs off?

I have read that there isn't enough room in the left side fairing with the stock radio. Is that correct?

Flyinfool recommended replacing the diodes but I'm afraid to mess with it. Are replacements still available?

Posted a while ago about relocating my TCI. So, I'm in the process of doing it. I was able to remove both screws from the TCI but only one from the ignition advance unit. Should I continue to try to remove it or just leave it where it is?

I am planning on mounting it to the airbox. Does it matter which side faces up? Is it better to cut the tabs off?

I have read that there isn't enough room in the left side fairing with the stock radio. Is that correct?

Flyinfool recommended replacing the diodes but I'm afraid to mess with it. Are replacements still available?

You may leave the "Boost Sensor in the stock location

It makes no difference to the TCI which side is up (once it has been relocated to the top of the air box.).

Once I had removed my TCI, I cut off both ears (since I was never going to return it to its old location). Removing the ears insures that you can fit the TCI under the cover easily and without any interference.

On yours, if the TCI has been working well, I wouldn't mess with the diodes since you are not comfortable with their replacement. Once the TCI is relocated, if you decide to renew the diodes at a future date, it will be easy.

actually the differentce is there are "drains" or breather holes, should moisture get in...they are facing down in stock location. You want to do the same. Or seal up the old holes and drill 2 tiny new ones. Remove the cover (4 screws I think) to see. It must breath w/o filling with water.