IGNORED

37 Years & First Flat Tire

Pilot

Guest Popeye

I got my first and only flat about 37 years ago....kind of a coincidence.

Rear tire at ~40 mph. It swerved some, but not a big deal.

What do you folk think about plugging the tire and installing a tube? I found a small dealer an hour away that says they do it for $45.00 all the time and have never had a problem.

I might do this if the response is good from you all, because I'm not having much luck with SW Moto, still waiting for a shipping date from them. I emailed them this morning and will see what they have to say. I have a ride this Saturday that I wanted to go on.

Guest Popeye

I have never played around with tires or brakes. Not places to economize.

Plugs are for hobbling a bike home at low speed only.

For bikes with a plug, replace tire(s) before riding.

Just got a newer bike last month & tires looked okay, but I didn't know their history [chuck-hole bashes, etc.], so I replaced them both with new Dunlops....brakes were 90%, but I replaced them since the wheels were off anyway.

Battery was older, so I replaced that, too.

WARNING: I may be a bit paranoid after being stranded on my scoot & towed 4 times + 3 roadside fixes, last summer. Very weird.

Nav made me get a newer scoot after all that.

I received my tire yesterday evening, I must be the last house on the UPS route. I have to recommend SW Moto Tires to any one looking to buy tires. It only took three days for the tire to arrive. I didn't receive a shipping email from them however they said in an email that a lot of shipping confirmation emails were retured to them as undeliverable.

I received a very fast reply to my email, GREAT VENDOR!

Now off I go to get it mounted.