IGNORED

battery indicator

I installed a unbroken right hand inner panel (the radiator overflow bottle hangs on this panel) and removed the wiring that supports the Jensen amplifier located inside the fairing there by the overflow bottle, I (gently) removed the wiring harness that is located in the flex-tube that (on my bike) crosses from left to right from the radio (below the radio controller) located inside the L/H fairing. There was a ground to the battery in this harness that I disconnected too. I unplugged the harness(es) in the L/H fairing, unplugged one antennae and had to CUT some things that were not connected using plugs. Understand that my harness has more butt connectors (solder-less) than NAPA. I couldn't get any of these components to work, who uses cassettes? I don't do the CB and we have blue tooth helmets anyway. My plan is to install a marine grade AM/FM media player so I don't need the wire harness here and it looks like a fire hazard anyway.

A couple of weeks ago I completed the resistor from the battery to the CPU mod to turn off the battery warning indicator. No problems.

ISSUE: The battery warning light is back on. I reconnected the resistor (it came off during the wiring harness removal/inner panel install) and found it had broken out of the connector I used. When I re-connected it the battery warning stays(ed) on. CRAP! So I think the resistor is broken (it's wrapped in shrink tubing right now)

Question: Is the lack of the resistor the ONLY reason that warning icon is on? In other words is there any OTHER reason that battery warning would come on besides the resistor or the proper battery sensor isn't in play? I don't want to re-connect that junky wire harness and carry it around. I don't believe anything else would turn on the warning but I don't KNOW. Ideas?

Well I connected the wire to BAT+ months ago (without the resistor) and the icon went off, NOW I do that and that doesn't work, to me that indicates that wire somehow broke or got cut when I removed the harness? Would any other circuit make the battery icon come on?

Okay...you didn't mention the initial lack of a resistor....might have damaged the CMS.

To prove out the wire...test continuity all the way to the CMS plug....think the battery probe is a white/red wire...but check a wiring diagram.