IGNORED

Any secrets on re-installing the clutch slave?

It is a bit tricky to get it back in. Just kinda fish it in there and put the line on after installing.

I filled/bled from the bottom. First I removed the line from the master cyl and put the open upper end of the line into a clear bottle to catch the fluid as I forced it up thru the slave bleed screw using a huge 60cc (i think) syringe for injecting cows. It was a lot faster since there was no resistance in the open line. Then I reinstalled the line to the master and continued to force fluid into the master from below. Then I just made certain all of the air was out of the slave...you tap on it and all of the connections with a wrench to knock any bubbles loose. 10 to fifteen minutes to bleed it.

You should be able to get a syringe at a feed store.

On the 1stGens, and I assume the 2ndGens as well, it's a pita, but if you insert the slave upside down, and then rotate it, the ear of the slave will slide behind the shift rod. Took a while to figure this one out, but for me it works and I've lost hair for other reasons....:whistling:

On the 1stGens, and I assume the 2ndGens as well, it's a pita, but if you insert the slave upside down, and then rotate it, the ear of the slave will slide behind the shift rod. Took a while to figure this one out, but for me it works and I've lost hair for other reasons....:whistling:

Thanks Condor! I will give that a try!

Wouldn't it just be a lot easier to turn the motorcycle upside down and then you could just install the slave right side up[emoji12]

Wouldn't it just be a lot easier to turn the motorcycle upside down and then you could just install the slave right side up[emoji12]

Hmmm.. That might work in China???.....

˙˙˙˙˙¿¿¿ɐuıɥɔ uı ʞɹoʍ ʇɥbıɯ ʇɐɥʇ ˙˙ɯɯɯɥ :whistling: