IGNORED

I have an oil leak that I cannot find.

*sigh* ...and she still won't roll in gear. Cleaned the fluid up in the clutch reservoir, bled the crap out of it, zero sign of any air, still nothing. I really did want to ride tomorrow but I guess that isn't going to happen.

Okay so I pumped the clutch lever like a madman and finally got her moving, but it's noticeably harder to move than when in neutral. That's different. Maybe it's dragging?

Edited by comingbackdown

Pretty common on wet clutch systems using heavier oils.

I was not aware of this. One learns something new every day. Haven't had this happen in the months I've owned this beast. Maybe due to the cooler temperatures combined with a couple days of sitting in the garage? We'll see what happens when I get the chance to fire her up.

No clue what oil is even in this thing at the moment. Since I intend to ride 'til it snows and maybe after, maybe I'll go ahead and change it. I've got that to do, I've got plugs to change, I can get an oil filter where I work, but it's a factory order for a top grade filter (I'm an oil/filter snob. That's one thing that I will NEVER skimp on.) so it's a good week's wait. Maybe I'll order a couple so I don't have to wait next time. We've got Iridium plugs in stock that are supposed to fit her, suppose I'll pull one and compare. Only other thing in our catalog for it is basic copper plugs and I'm not interested in those.

So, it sounds to me like you are trying to move the bike around, not running, in gear with the clutch in, and this is without the bike previously running and warmed up, correct?

If this is the case, these bikes tend to drag a bit on the clutch in this situation and sometimes are a bit hard to "break loose". What I do is start the bike in neutral and before I put it in first gear, I will give it a quick rev on the throttle a time or two and then put it in gear. This mostly eliminates that big clunk putting it in first gear when I just start the bike.

RandyA