IGNORED

Hagon vs OEM rear shock cost and rebuild question?

Well it's rear shock time for me and I am down to either the Hagon or going back with the OEM on my 2nd gen Venture. I like that the OEM shock is adjustable via air ride but they seem to be pretty much useless if I have to spend 5-600 dollars every winter or every other winter. The Hagon shock is not adjustable but they seem to have a better product. Anyway here's my question, anyone know how much it costs to rebuild one of the Hagon shocks? If it's 2-300$$$ I'm just gonna stick an OEM back in there for the air ride.

Well it's rear shock time for me and I am down to either the Hagon or going back with the OEM on my 2nd gen Venture. I like that the OEM shock is adjustable via air ride but they seem to be pretty much useless if I have to spend 5-600 dollars every winter or every other winter. The Hagon shock is not adjustable but they seem to have a better product. Anyway here's my question, anyone know how much it costs to rebuild one of the Hagon shocks? If it's 2-300$$$ I'm just gonna stick an OEM back in there for the air ride.

Check my answer to this post in the Watering Hole.

Andy

You would have to check with Hagon to see what a rebuild would run. the shock runs about $466 shipped. I just put one in for a guy. It is somewhat adjustable. You can adjust ride height if needed, but it comes preset. there is a bump adjustment on the bottom of the shock via allen wrench. Its not that hard once the shock is installed. If you find a new OEM type shock for $500 you'll be doing good. I will probably go with the Hagon once mine dies.

I have the heavy duty Hagon as I ride my RSV mostly 2 up and pull a trailer lots. The preload can be set but the shock has to be pulled to do it. You can also adjust the dampening right on the bike. Hagon did ask me the combined weight of the 2 of us plus trailer, they did set it where they thought it should be. I did play with it and have the preload one turn stiffer and the dampening 2 turns stiffer.

I was having trouble with my Hagon on a trip this summer, I thought the shock was out of gas as it was bouncing in the rear but I come to find that there is delicate balance of preload, dampening and trailer tongue weight when pulling a trailer. I had increased the preload too much and had too much tongue weight thus causing the bouncing. I was increasing the dampening in small increments with not much results, found you have to turn it 1/2 - full turns to see results. I have it dialed in now.....Good shock.