IGNORED

New shock time. Anyone know the cost to rebuild?

Broncoboy36081

Well it's rear shock time for me and I am down to either the Hagon or going back with the OEM on my 2nd gen Venture. I like that the OEM shock is adjustable via air ride but they seem to be pretty much useless if I have to spend 5-600 dollars every winter or every other winter. The Hagon shock is not adjustable but they seem to have a better product. Anyway here's my question, anyone know how much it costs to rebuild one of the Hagon shocks? If it's 2-300$$$ I'm just gonna stick an OEM back in there for the air ride.

The Hagon people say it costs $150 to rebuild the shock. According to someone here on the forum (Sorry - can't remember who.) they just pull the spring off your old shock and put it on an already rebuilt shock body. Faster turn around hat way. Then they rebuild your old shock and use it for someone else's rebuild. Sounds like a good deal tome and it was one of the reasons I put a Hagon on my RSV. As well, the handling, especially on bumpy turns, was much improved. By the way, the preload and damping on a Hagon are both adjustable.

Andy

The Hagon people say it costs $150 to rebuild the shock. According to someone here on the forum (Sorry - can't remember who.) they just pull the spring off your old shock and put it on an already rebuilt shock body. Faster turn around hat way. Then they rebuild your old shock and use it for someone else's rebuild. Sounds like a good deal tome and it was one of the reasons I put a Hagon on my RSV. As well, the handling, especially on bumpy turns, was much improved. By the way, the preload and damping on a Hagon are both adjustable.

Andy

Thanks Andy. That's what I was figuring.

Here is a pic of the type shock that goes in. Look on the bottom bart and see a black looking dot. thats where a allen thats included allows adjustment for dampening.

http://www.davequinnmotorcycles.com/Ha%20Mono3_380w.jpg