IGNORED

Boost sensor

I am still playing around with why the 30,000 engine that I just put in does not have the rush of power from about 5,000 RPM's up compared to the 167,000 mile engine did. The bike runs good, just not as strong under wide open throttle. I may check the boost sensor anyway. I have a couple of spares somewhere.

RandyA

Ummm, difference between the 83 1200cc with better valving, springs, etc. versus the de-tuned 1300cc that started in 86???

Gotta remember, those first 83's that came out were as powerful as the first VMaxxes in 85......

The 30,000 engine I just put in is also an 83 engine. It just has the 2nd gen trans. I am using the same carbs, but I used the igniters that were in the 30,000 engine. I know I will feel a big difference with the gearing, but I am using a V-max final drive on both and 1st gear is about identical. The old engine just came on so much stronger that it is like it had V-Max cams too. I got the bike almost 19 years ago with 23,000 miles on it. I don't know the history of the bike before I got it, but it did have a lot of add ons that were not stock.

RandyA