IGNORED

a break in the bad weather.

Snarley Bill

started riding the bikes again this week. the gas prices are rediculous. cost me $50.00 to fill my ranger truck the other day. i can sure beat them arabs. the truck is going to sit in the garage alot more now that the weather is breaking. it's 58 degrees out there and i'm getting ready for a late night ride to work. makes work alot more enjoyable. this is the nastiest wettest winter we have had since the 70's. it's supposed to rain the next 5 days so i will have to help the arabs again for awhile. summer is just over the horizen. can't wait. :depressed::2133:

Know what you mean Bill, That's why I ride my bike to work everyday. Whats bad is back in the 70-80's you could fill your bike up for $2-3.00 . Several years back you could fill the bike up for about $7-8.00 now I'm out $18.00 dollars, I'm in the wrong racket. What really hurts is Peg driving to work she drives 54miles round trip to work and back each day so you know that cost some money as well. We bought her a Monte Carlo and she already has over 25,000mi. At times I car pool with Peg when the weather is really nasty since She drives by my work everyday but the down fall on that part is I have to wait 1.5 hours for her to get off work bummer.

Yep the weather will be good this week low to mid 70's here with maybe one day for chance of rain. even if the weather is in the low 30's I still ride the bike to work, but I'll be glad when its nice and warm out everyday, kick back and relax and enjoy the ride instead of hiding behind the fairing and freezing.

buddy

Peg driving to work she drives 54miles round trip to work and back each day so you know that cost some money as well.

buddy

I know what you mean. I drive about 120 miles round trip 4 days a week and I don't see that EVER changing. Don't want to live where I work, and I don't want to work anywhere but where I'm at. Hopefully it will help if I can ride more someday soon here.

Jay

Guest Popeye

We had 72* last Saturday. Took new [97] Goldwing out the night before for a little Friday night spin. On Saturday, we got 4.9 miles down the road & it conked-out.

Towed home again

It's being towed to the shop today, which will make the 6th tow within one year. [The year is up tomorrow].

Also, I had 3 breakdowns on the road, but fixed them myself during this last 364 days.

I sold my 86VR since wife wouldn't touch it due to 7 roadsides & 4 tows. [had everything fixed]

Her "Newer" scoot is on its second tow & it isn't even riding season yet.

This is getting REAL tiresome.

I know what you mean. I drive about 120 miles round trip 4 days a week and I don't see that EVER changing. Don't want to live where I work, and I don't want to work anywhere but where I'm at. Hopefully it will help if I can ride more someday soon here.

Jay

I'm the same way it's a $10.00 per hour pay cut to work where I live. Don't want to move so it's a 62 mile one way drive good thing I bought a bike thats ment to be RIDEN!

The weather is indeed turning and everyone is getting eager to ride. Tuesday evening I took off for a 90 min ride north and what began in stimulating 60 degrees dropped to 35 before I stopped for the night. The temp kept dropping during the night so in the morning when I got up I was riding the wet streets that had frozen overnight.

be careful out there.

We had 72* last Saturday. Took new [97] Goldwing out the night before for a little Friday night spin. On Saturday, we got 4.9 miles down the road & it conked-out.

Towed home again

.....................................................................................

This is getting REAL tiresome.

I missed it in the other thread (and can't find that now). What caused the Wing to conk out the first time? :confused07: